- 50g almonds
- 50g shredded coconut
- 10g cacao or cocoa powder (or leave out for the coconut lemon variation)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 pinch vanilla powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 10g collagen hydrolysate (optional) – exclude for vegan option
- 10g of protein powder (I used pea protein powder) or 20g if not using collagen (optional)
- 50g coconut oil
- 2 medjool dates (you can use more if you like a sweeter treat)
- 1 drop of food grade essential oil (I use and recommend doTERRA). In this case I used lavender which had a beautiful subtle floral flavor but other options are peppermint, wild orange, ginger or cinnamon.
Coconut lemon variation: omit the cacao, add 1 tbsp. of lemon zest and 1 – 2 drops of lemon essential oil.
Instructions – makes 8 bliss balls
- Simply add all the dry ingredients to your thermomix mixing bowl (or food processor) and combine for 5 to 7 seconds (depends on the texture you want) at speed 6.
- Then add the coconut oil and dates and mix for 1 minute 20 seconds at speed 5 to release the oils from the almonds and coconut and form a slightly sticky mixture.
- Add your essential oil carefully because you don’t want the flavor to be too overwhelming. I like to either use a toothpick or will add 1 drop to a teaspoon (to ensure I don’t accidentally drop 4 drops in) and then dip the teaspoon into the mixture. Then combine the mixture for 2 seconds at speed 4.
- Using a heaped dessert spoon to measure, roll the mixture into balls and place in the fridge until you are ready to consume them.