Making your own marinara sauce is extremely easy to do. This recipe staple is packed with flavor and can be used in many of your favorite dishes. Your family will love it!
This Roasted Marinara Sauce is a wonderful and healthy substitute. This recipe is packed with fresh and delicious ingredients that contain many health benefiting properties from the tomatoes, onions, garlic and of course the essential oils, basil and oregano. Please remember that these oils pack a punch so only a small amount I required. To ensure I don’t accidentally tip too many drops in, I measure the basil essential oil onto a teaspoon and stir the teaspoon through the meal.
Serves 6. Prep time, about 15mins plus 1-2hrs cooking.
1 kg Roma tomatoes, halved
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves
1 drop Basil essential oil
1 toothpick Oregano essential oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place sliced tomatoes, onions, and garlic on baking sheet.
- Add a generous amount of sea salt, pepper, and olive oil to top of tomatoes and onion.
- Cook for 1-2 hours or until tomatoes and onions begin to darken around the edges.
- Remove from oven and transfer to food processor or blender.
- Pulse until sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Add Basil and Oregano essential oil and stir.
Note: For one toothpick of essential oil, simply dip a toothpick into the essential oil and swirl it in the marinara sauce. This will provide you with a flavor that is not overwhelming.
Tip: For a smoother and thinner consistency, add 2-4 tablespoons of water.
Enjoy with spaghetti squash and meatballs for a delicious and healthy meal.
Recipe and image courtesy of www.doterra.com
,cooking with essential oils